Sunday, February 12, 2006

Getting ready


Whew, what a day! Is it bedtime yet? We are leaving the house in about 4 and 1/2 hours and we're still awake...

My mom and dad came and picked Anna up tonight. It was so hard to say goodbye to her for a whole entire week, especially knowing how far away we'll be and that we can't just pick up the phone to call and see how she's doing. Sounds like she's all settled in though and got to watch some of Charlotte's Web tonight.

I think we're just about packed. We are both packing pretty light for ourselves but bringing plenty for the boys, and then have lots of room in the suitcases to spare (for all the cool stuff we hope to buy!)

I still feel so ill-prepared for this adventure because I just have no idea what to expect. Last night we had dinner with four other couples (we meet once a month, rotating houses) and they had a special prayer time for us, which was priceless. We are so blessed.

I hope to update this blog at least a couple of times this week. Keep us in your prayers. The above picture is of what our kitchen table looks like now...we are so blessed to be filling it up!

5 comments:

Jeannett said...

When are you guys supposed to be back in town? Have fun out there, good luck, and you're in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOO excited for you guys! I wish you the best of luck with everything you have yet to do, and know that you're in my prayers!!! I'm SOOO excited to meet my new ADORABLE nephews! They're gonna love me, we're gonna have a blast when we hang out! :D Ok, ok, that's all for now! I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

PS...that was Krystal since it says anonymous. :)

Bärbel said...

Dear Brianna,

we are back from Ethiopia since last Friday. Our son Paul Mikael ist cute as can be and the most cheerful baby I have ever seen. We really enjoyed Addis even though we couldn´t run around a lot - not everybody is fond of white people adopting littel Ethiopians so you definetly do have to whatch out where you go!

The flight was easier than expected - but you are perfectly right to bring lots of clothes for the boys - every child had diarhea and we ended up wahshing and washing and,.....

I wish you all the best for your trip and the first moment you will see your boys!

Bärbel

owlhaven said...

Are you home yet?

Mary

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com