Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Almost-three going on fifteen

Sometimes I'll end up taking a shower when Anna is "loose" in the house. She doesn't tend to get into things and often will just play with a toy in my room (or talk to me the whole time I'm in the shower.)

Yesterday afternoon I turned the shower off and Anna came in the room. I asked "Anna, what have you been doing?" (expecting to hear something about playing with toys) to which she answered, "I'm eating an apple." Sure enough, as I opened the shower door she was standing there eating a whole apple. "Wow, you ARE eating an apple" I said, wondering how she got it off the counter (I'm not too into my kids eating food unsupervised!) Then very matter-of-factly she informed me, "AND I had a banana." WHAT?! And sure enough, there sitting on the kitchen counter was a banana peel. Anna then held out her hand with the little apple seeds in it and explained to me, "These are seeds. They're not for eating."

Who is this kid?! She is helping herself to our fruit (and eating all of it!), needs virtually no help going to the bathroom...I am going to be out a job here pretty soon!

6 comments:

Renee said...

They grow up to fast! She is precious!

Blessings,
Renee

Anonymous said...

that's hillarious! what a big helper, though. and you have a long way to go before you're out of a job.

Rachel said...

This is much better than Anna sneaking cookies in the office :)

Shana said...

Vary cute!

Anonymous said...

Go Anna!! As for your job security, that's why you're having another baby. 8^)

Anonymous said...

Ana always struck as a kid ahead of her time! At least its fruit she helping herself to (and not bubble gum!)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com