Friday, August 31, 2007

A man and his car...a sad goodbye

Today was a big day for the Heldts: we bid farewell to the Lincoln Town Car. It will be crushed tomorrow.

Now this was Kevin's very first car, the car we rode in on our very first date (to Kona's in downtown SLO--I remember wondering where on earth we were going to find room enough to park it!), and also the car that we brought Anna home from the hospital in. Those were the happy memories...(Kevin driving the Lincoln one last time.)


It is ALSO the car that left me stranded, 5 months pregnant, with a cartful of perishable groceries outside the store nearly four years ago, when I had to push the cart along the busiest street in Santa Maria all the way home--heck if my milk and lunchmeat were going to go bad! It's the car that I accidentally sideswiped another car in Pismo Beach with, because the thing is so dang wide it's like driving a small yacht. (See, that's me shaking my fist at the car.)


Over the years it's been referred to by some as Edma, Stinkin' Lincoln, the Pimpmobile, a Cadillac, the boat, the beast, and "Kevin's car." As of tomorrow, it will be no more. (There it sits at its temporary home, awaiting being crushed, Black Road Auto.)


Goodbye, 1988 Lincoln Town Car, and thanks for the memories. 'Tis a little sad to see you go...but the several hundred dollars we received for turning you in is helping.

8 comments:

shell said...

this post made me crack up! i wish someone had gotten a picture of you walking on the road, pushing the cart, pregnant. i would have spent money to see that!

Jeannett said...

So sad! When we got rid of the ld Buick, it was sad to see it go even though we both totally hated it by then. Glad you're getting some cash for it though!

Brianna Heldt said...

shelley, yeah it was HUMILIATING pushing that cart! i was seriously laughing at myself the whole way home. and then, so embarrassing parking the cart outside our apartment!

jeannett yeah, they offer $800 for you to give your car to them, and then they recycle it.

Larissa said...

Bye-Bye Kevin's car! Thanks for all the great memories and for never breaking down when I was in you. I wish you well in your next life! =)

darci said...

funny! it looks like what we call "a good ole saskatchewan car"..meaning..a boat! :)

Paige said...

Haha! I remember that car! This post really made me laugh! =)

Kristen Borland said...

ha!!! yes!!!!!

Used Mazda RX 8 said...

Thanks to this blog I finally managed to find the information matching my criteria and for this I would like to thank the author for sharing this blog with us. Looking forward for more.
Used Mazda Tribute

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com