Wednesday, January 02, 2008

This and that





Okay I know it's been forever since I've blogged! We've been out of town at Kevin's parents' house, at my mom and dad's house for a few days, and tomorrow we're headed for Disneyland...so I guess we've been busy. :)




Nothing is really new per se. Christmas somehow came and went, my house is a disaster, I still haven't mailed my neices' gifts, the laundry is piled up. Sigh. If anyone is ever tempted to think I have all my ducks in a row, I'm here to tell you I don't. (And people who know me well know better anyhow.)




Our only real "news" is that we got Kaitlyn's bloodwork back. I talked to our immunologist/allergist on the phone today and praise the Lord, the allergy tests all came back NEGATIVE, and her zinc levels are completely NORMAL!!! So that means that there doesn't appear to be an underlying problem, and she's not allergic to any foods! Meanwhile Kaitlyn is standing up a lot of the time and cruising around holding onto furniture, and babbling like crazy (mostly "dada"). She's constantly laughing and smiling and reminding me that life is precious, God is good, and I am blessed.




(I've included some pictures of an outing to Klondike's pizza last month--on Tuesday nights it's all-you-can-eat, and really cheap for the kids. We went once last year, and once this year, and our kids love looking at the assorted animal heads on the wall!)

9 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

ha! the assorted animal heads. yes, it's fun trying to explain that one!

sounds like super Christmas fun! (cute pics as always! love your kids!!) hey, we were thinking of hitting disneyland just before the kids turn three (the magic-now-you-must-pay-for-a-ticket-age). hope you guys have fun!!

Kristen Borland said...

okay, i meant before the "kid" turns three... not both kids. good golly.

Brianna Heldt said...

hehe! yeah they asked about the heads and i informed them that the animals were killed and then their heads were mounted on the wall. luckily they didn't seem too traumatized. :) personally i find it a bit morbid...dead animal heads on the wall...ick!!! i guess the heldts are not much for hunting, or taxedermy. :)

my mom's cousin works for disney and is getting all of us in--we're very blessed!!!

Lisa Leonard said...

great news about kaitlyn!! merry christmas, friend!

Rachel said...

Free Disney Day! You are blessed. I hope you have/had a great time!

Jeannett said...

Yay Disneyland! So fun! That's probably the ONLY reason I miss living down in LA...we used to go ALL THE TIME. (In High School we'd all ask for year passes for christmas and that's where we'd hang out...so, we'd be there multiple times a week!).

Anyway, have fun! Good to see you blogged!

Carrie Haughey said...

yay for Kaitlyn!!!

Love the pictures, your family is so cute and precious!

Jody said...

I am happy for you that everything has turned out great.

You have a beautiful family and I really enjoy reading your blog, especially some of the thought provoking (sp) ones.

Jody

Kristen Borland said...

free tickets?! sweet!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com