Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thoughts, plans, and what I'm making for dinner

--Kaitlyn is self-feeding like crazy (but thankfully also still nursing a bunch), my sons refuse to nap, I am now pureeing my own baby food (and wishing I'd attempted this sooner, as it's so easy and I feel so good feeding my baby girl something that I made!), and attempting to get into a better housekeeping routine. (Probably a life-long endeavor for me.)

--I've been reflecting lately on being a mom, and praying that I'd find more joy in my daily tasks--as one can imagine, caring for four kids under four years old involves a few tasks. :) God has been faithful to answer and I really HAVE been taking more delight in what I do, and my role as wife and mom in general. Lately I also strangely miss being pregnant AND I miss being in-process for Ethiopian adoption--have I lost my mind? Possibly! I've come to decide though that on some level I ENJOY the challenge of having several kids, and we are so blessed by each one of them. (No we're not adopting again anytime soon, and no I'm not really wanting to have another baby right now, because life feels so crazy, I just look forward to those things in the future.)


--As you can see I'm in the midst of giving my blog a makeover, so bear with me. Tonight I'm making Siga Wat for dinner, which I'm excited about (although we're having it with brown rice instead of injera), tomorrow night is growth group and some missionaries are coming to share with us, and I'm looking forward to the Gibsons' superbowl party on Sunday. Oh and last night I got to hear/see an amazing presentation by missionary women working in the Middle East, which was so inspiring to me--maybe I'll blog more about that another time.

6 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

love the new look on the blog (love the look of all the pics too)! LOVE the picture of the whole family (on that HUGE couch--you all look so small!)! You are looking way too adorable! And I hear ya about wanting to be pregnant (but not wanting to be pregnant). Also, how fast was your ethiopian adoption? I'm so stinkin' impatient! if we go with india, it's looking like 8-12 months. of course, God may want us to do that and i'll just have to be patient...

Laurzie said...

Fun new look! I can relate to your thoughts. Although I hated being so sick during pregnancy, I LOVED having a life inside of me. And, as much as I agonized over every step of our adoption process, I LOVED knowing that a little one was planned by the Lord for us. We always wonder if God has more in His plans for us... another little love. Who knows? It's crazy, but wonderful being a mother of many, isn't it?!

joy said...

hmmmm...praying for more joy in the daily tasks. i hadn't really considered that--what a good idea. seriously, sometimes the obvious things escape me. i admire your endeavor for wnating to get into a better housekeeping routine. you have such a beautiful family and you're such great parents. see you tonight.

Brianna Heldt said...

Kristen, start-to-finish (aka from when we began our homestudy to when we traveled) it was only 7 months! That is unheard of now, however--we beat the mad rush of people influenced by Angelina Jolie. It was back when Ethiopian adoption was not very popular or well-known. That's part of why when we DO adopt again, it will most likely be a waiting child/siblings, because our heart is to give a child a home who truly wouldn't have one otherwise.

So excited about India! For awhile now I've been intrigued by their culture and country. Looking forward to hearing more details!

Anonymous said...

Ah girl, you are looking so thin! I hope it's because you've got those 4 cute kids to chase after and ~not~ because you're on some radical new diet or anything...:)

-jolene

Rachel said...

my house is a mess, my hair is still wet from my 1pm shower, it is snowing outside, our speech therapist will be here in an hour, a friend will be arriving for dinner in 2 and a half hours, the ice cream I am making for dessert need to set for three hours before I put it in the maker, and here i sit doing nothing. Oh well, that's life and I am getting used to it.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com