Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My girl


My little girl is growing up. Last week we were in the unfinished (old!) part of our basement and I asked Anna to turn the light on for me.

To which she replied,

"I'm not scared of the dark, Mom! I got JESUS!"

God is working in her heart each and every day. If something goes wrong or someone isn't feeling well, right away she goes to pray for them. She loves singing the doxology. And she quoted scripture to me in the car on the way to Target the other night in reference to something we were talking about. She is falling in love with Jesus.

How amazing to see God at work in my child's life! I am rejoicing!


But Jesus called them to him, saying, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God."


Luke 18:16

10 comments:

JaneeNoel said...

How wonderful it must be to see her love for God. I pray every day that Noelle's heart will be soft toward him from the beginning.

Anna is beautiful!

Kristen Borland said...

i just got goosebumps! what a beautiful thing!

(and very cute photo!) :)

Joanie said...

Mmmm nice story! We were happy to hear of Anna learning to read, but falling in love with Jesus, now that is even more cause for celebrating!

Anonymous said...

We had a guy come to our door a week ago, trying to sell us a set of "educational books", and he asked us on a scale of 1-10, how we would rate the importance of education. When I didn't immediately say "10", he looked at me incredulously. What your daughter said- that's a "10" to us. That our kids know Jesus and live their lives for Him.
Thanks for sharing this with us!

Anonymous said...

What a great story! Yesterday when I dropped the two big kids off at Religious Ed., my three year old said, "I go to church too. I want Jesus." Totally precious.

joy said...

that is reason to rejoice! praise the Lord that Anna is falling in love with Jesus. I love how you put that. on a different note, new appliances sound very exciting! and that's so great that yosef is potty trained.

darci said...

That's so great..Now that's what Jesus must have meant when He talked about the faith of a child."don't worry mom, I got JESUS!" love that.

darci said...

ps where did you get that great necklace?

Amber said...

hello. we have begun to find our daughter in Ethiopia. I found your blog and would like to exchange links . Please let me know if that would be o.k.

God's Greatest,
Amber

Brianna Heldt said...

darci, it's from lisa leonard designs. www.lisaleonardonline.com. her handstamped jewelry is AMAZING! you can also check out her wonderful blog at www.lisaleonard.blogspot.com.

hi amber, that would be fine! congratulations on beginning your adoption!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com