Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween past

So check out this kid.  Our Kaitlyn.  In 2008.


Oh how I love her.

And the fact that she dressed up as a gorilla for Halloween two years ago.




And carried an old Easter basket because we didn't have another plastic pumpkin bucket for her.

It was soooooo heavy, but she INSISTED on carrying it all by herself. 
The.en.ti.re. night.



It was our first Denver Halloween, and we loved trick-or-treating in our neighborhood with the sound of crunching leaves under our feet.

Even without the festive porch decorations, the old brick bungalows and tall Victorian homes on our street set the perfect tone. 



So did watching It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown in our pjs, eating candy.


I love seeing life through the eyes of my kids, and helping them make memories and start traditions that will last a lifetime. 




*I'm linking up with SITS these next few days for some Halloween-themed posts.  So fun!*


2 comments:

Renee Ann said...

I'm visiting from the sits girls site and just had to leave a comment that your photos are precious. Whenever I visit, I read through some of the blog, so I checked out your About info. Homeschooling mama to 5 kids under age 6--seriously? I admire what you do! . . . And it seems like I saw that you like novels. I often host book giveaways of some great stories you might enjoy. Anyway, I enjoyed your blog! Blessings!

Unknown said...

I love the gorilla and basket combo. What a special Halloween it must have been!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com