Friday, July 29, 2011

Take me out to the (t)ball game

My sons just wrapped up a season of t-ball.  Their first-ever (semi)organized sport.  :)





They loved it!




And I (hater of all sports) actually enjoyed it too.  Because it was through Denver Rec, it was super low-key--one practice per week, and one game per week.  The games were fun (and entertaining!) to watch, and my boys came a long way from where they began.  (This was the second season for many of their teammates, so Yosef and Biniam were definitely on the less-experienced side.  Even though they were probably the oldest on the team, nearly too old to play.) 




I'm not sure how we'll navigate this stuff going forward.  We decided the boys would do t-ball this summer, Anna would do some horseback riding lessons, and then Kaitlyn, Anna, Yosef and Biniam would all do swimming lessons (which are currently in progress.)  But I can see how activities like this can take up a lot of time, when you have so many children.  I don't know if I want my kids constantly doing sports, but they certainly enjoy getting out there and having fun!

At any rate, our afternoons at the neighborhood ball fields have come to a close, and I admit I'm going to miss it just a little bit.  Who'dve thunk?  :)


 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com